Thursday, April 16, 2009

Worst part about going to a game

I love going to baseball games. I love it when the games are close and it comes down to that 7th, 8th or 9th inning at bat with a runner on second and third and a hit would score two. But you know what I don't like about these situations? The drunk guy near the front row who all of a sudden has the brilliant idea to start the wave!

I'm sorry, I'm at the ballpark to watch a baseball game. I'm not there to stop paying attention to the action only to watch a man, who mind you is drunker than your Uncle at last year's family holiday party, try and rally everyone to stand up sequentially all around the stadium. And it's not just one attempt, it's several attempts. This man just won't be satisfied until he gets the wave to complete a full revolution.

What's more? When I don't participate why is it that said lush instantly points me out as if I am a bad fan for not joining in on all the fun. I'm a bad fan?!? Excuse me sir! My fandom begins and ends with the product on the field, not the extra curricular activities in the stadium seating. If you want to do the wave I suggest you take yourself to a minor league hockey arena where the wave would make sense. Not only is it condoned in such a facility, the arena is much more wave friendly. Not like Safeco where sections are split by aisle ways and bleachers have a maximum of 20 rows.

Sadly, I know the wave is a part of the game and I have to deal with it. But my greatest joy in life just might be making it out to catch a ball game and heading home after a Mariners win, having not seen the wave that night.

How say you? Do you like the wave? How bout the beach ball? Streakers in the outfield? Garlic fries? Anything really irk you during a baseball game?

2 comments:

  1. I love the garlic fries, and don't care what any else thinks of them. But good call on the wave rant. Its funny, cause the jackass who is trying to start it DOES always seem to point you out if you're not participating. F U buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and everyonce in a while some idiot will try to have the wave go the wrong direction. Also, the Huskies claim they came up with the wave back in the day. One more reason not to stand up and join.

    ReplyDelete