Thursday, April 16, 2009

Griffey makes history, Nick and Noah strike out!

What a ride it has been in the first nine games of the season! The M's are currently on a six game winning streak and looking like a team that is believing in itself more and more each game they play. I'm not sure what is worse though. Waiting for this team to come back down to earth (which they are bound to do eventually), or reading and listening to every baseball personality in the Seattle area down play this start, literally starting every thought they have with "Now I know its only the start of the season, and I still don't expect the team to make the playoffs, but..." Is Seattle incapable of enjoying success? I would say yes, but its for good reason. We don't usually see it happen. This city felt and said the exact same things in 2001 as we are saying and feeling know. Back then, we had just lost A-Rod to the Rangers and just signed a little guy from Japan who looked like he would get the bat knocked out of his hands by a change up. Look, I'm not saying we're going to win 116 games, or even win 85, but this team has a feel to it that we haven't seen since 2001. They can come from behind very well, they have recieved the best starting pitching in baseball (so far), and they have an outfield that can chase down fly balls all day long. They are an exciting team to watch, led by a manager who seems to know what he is doing for a change, and I think they'll stay exciting this season, win or lose. So I'm going to let myself get swept up into this current ride, cause some jerk in OK City stole my basketball team, some hick in Virgina just stole my college basketball coach, and my college football team only won one game last year. I NEED THIS!

And that, ladies and gents, is the first rant of the year from your's truely.

Quickly, on Griffey. He hit is 400th HR as a Mariner last night, making him the first player in history to hit 400 with one club, and 200 with another (Reds). It was a thrill to see him accomplish this feat with the M's, and the fact that he did it on Jackie Robinson day just adds to the mistique that Griffey is one of those athletes who excells in theatric situations. Glad to have that guy back on our side.

On a final note, Noah and I attempted to record our very first blogcast (we are going to call them blogcasts from now on, since using the word podcast implies that you can only listen to the show on a iPod) last night, but quickly found out that even though you have two audio ins and outs on a PC, it doesn't mean that you can record with two microphones at once. Whoops! So we are going to get a mixer this weekend, and hopefully record our show before the 6:10 M's game on Saturday which we now have tickets to, thanks to our buddy Wally. Pretty psyched for that, by the way.

Go M's

Garbs

5 comments:

  1. Who hangs a heavy bag with toggle bolts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I coined the phrase "blogcast." Ask Noah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it's not a phrase, but it is a term, and I am pretty sure it was in the 8th inning on tuesday when it was first uttered...

    ReplyDelete
  4. He did in fact coin the term blogcast. But as for the timing...my memory of the game got a little hazy toward the end, but it was definitely muttered after they stopped selling beer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats crap, I stole the term Blogclast from Larry Hryb of Xbox.com...Fair and square!

    http://majornelson.com/articles/HowIproducemyaudioshows.aspx

    ReplyDelete