Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Home Opener in 6 Days!

This is the one day I anticipate more than any other! The home opener for the Seattle Mariners. Nick and I will be seeing the action first-hand on the first base line. But that's not what I'm going to write about in this post. Plenty of time to build up on that.

What I'm going to talk about is Garbs and my competition for each home game we attend. That's right, we challenge each other to see who can throw the fastest in the bullpen speed pitch! Historically, I believe I am up 2-1. But Nick pulled off an upset last year beating me at the end of the season. Personally I think he may have been using performance enhancing drugs.

Regardless, I am back and ready for domination this year! Much like Miguel Batista and Jarrod Washburn I've been able to make an adjustment in my delivery that will allow me to gain 2-3 miles per hour on my fastball. I can't talk much more about it but if initial tests of my discovery are consistent I can't see how I could lose this year. Stay tuned for our podcasts, I'm sure this will be a heavily debated topic.

By the way, this competition is much more than just bragging rights. The loser also owes the winner a beer. Get ready to pay up Nick.

1 comment:

  1. What happened at the end of last summer was no mistake. If your tweek is a crow hop, I'm going to have something to say. Course, I'll probably have something to say either way, win or lose. I always do.

    Why would you use Miguel Bastista and Jarod Washburn as examples of how you're better? If you're taking tips from Jarod "My contract is based off of my past accomplishments" Washburn, I like my chances! BRING IT ON!!!

    ReplyDelete