Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Freddy Garcia Released!


Former Mariner Freddy Garcia was released by the Mets today. "The Chief" allowed seven runs in two starts for New York's Triple-A club, the Buffalo Bisons.


Unfortunately I think this may be the end of the line for Freddy Garcia. He was quoted by MLB.com as saying, "I don't feel I have any power, so I tried to do the best I can with whatever I have."


Since leaving Seattle, Freddy Garcia enjoyed success with the Chicago White Sox, winning a World Series with the club in 2005. He was traded to the Phillies prior to the 2007 season but never lived up to his expectations. He was placed on the DL as he needed surgery to repair his rotator cuff.

1 comment:

  1. Click the link below and look under 2000 commercials, The Freddy Show...

    http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/sea/fan_forum/video_room.jsp

    ReplyDelete