Friday, July 24, 2009

Hyphen Returns

As USS Mariner calls it, tonight is "Hyphen Time." That's right! Ryan Rowland-Smith gets the start. For those of you wondering why his nickname is hyphen, he's the only player in major league history to have a hyphenated last name. I don't know why it is, but I really like this kid. He doesn't blow you away with his fast ball, his curve is slightly better than average and he makes hitters put the ball in play...usually in the air. For all the things he's not, what he does do well is provide us a serviceable arm that has the potential to work 7 innings for a small amount of money.

I'll be sitting behind home plate for tonight's game...granted I'm not exactly sure if it's in row 1 or row 30 in the 300 level. Regardless, tonight's an exciting time if for nothing else it means no more Olson.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully he makes it 7 and gives up 3 or less. We could really use him pitching well with our hitting woes as of late. Guit is coming back today too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He makes it 5, gives up 4 or 5. Im guessing a high scoring affair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we trading Clement? I hope not. Watching Johnson try and swing a bat is painful and who knows what's going on with Kenji.

    I thought we drafted Clement (5th overall?) to be our future stud catcher...I know he struggled last year, but let's see what the kid can do for us, not for another team.

    Good win last night. That's all I got.

    ReplyDelete